Dhaka School of Economics (DScE), a constituent institution of University of Dhaka is offering bachelor degree on three emerging disciplines e.g environmental and resource economics, development economics and entrepreneurial economics. DScE is the first in facilitating these degrees in south Asia.
- Passed SSC/Dakhil/O level or equivalent examinations of 2014 to 2017 and HSC/Alim/A level or equivalent examinations of 2018 and 2019, Securing minimum score 7.5 combined (including 4th subject).
- Candidates must have 5 subjects in O level and 2 subjects in A level. Out of 7 subjects candidates must have at least B in 4 subjects and C in 3 subjects.
Duration : 4 Years (8 semesters)
Degree is awarded by the University of Dhaka
Application Form (distribution and submission)
- 14 October – 17 November, 2019
- Written – 22 November, 2019 (11.00 am)
- Viva Voce – 23 November, 2019
1. Environmental and Resource Economics (5th Batch)
- The first-ever such academic programme in South Asia
- High employment opportunities (govt., international bodies, private sectors, teaching & research institutions)
- World class syllabus and highly trained faculty members
- Theoretical considerations regarding the role of environment in economy and effects of economic activities on environment
- One of the best collections of text-books, reference books, research reports and other study materials on environmental and resource economics in Bangladesh
- Opportunities for participating in seminars, conferences, debates, discussions, idea generation/essay competitions, etc.
- Scholarships/fellowships opportunities for pursuing higher studies (MA, PhD) at home and abroad
- Membership opportunities for Bangladesh Economic Association (BEA), Resource and Environmental Economics Students Association of Bangladesh (REESAB)
2. Development Economics (2nd Batch)
- Development is perpetual and of utmost importance at all times to all societies
- Development economics is important in that context and hence employment opportunities in government sectors, industrial bodies, private sectors, teaching & research Institute both nationally and internationally
- Regular interactive class lectures, use of print and electronic media, teacher led power-point presentations, problem solving tutorial sessions, case studies, etc.
- One of the best collections of text-books, reference books, research reports and other study materials on development economics in Bangladesh
- Scholarship/fellowships opportunities for pursuing higher studies (MA, PhD) at both home and abroad
- Opportunities for participating in seminars, conferences, debates, discussions, idea generation, etc.
- Membership opportunities for Bangladesh Economic Association (BEA)
- Faculty includes reputed development economists, statisticians, development analysts, etc. from home and abroad
3. Entrepreneurial Economics (1st Batch)
- Courses entail setting up of new innovative ventures and imparting of employ-ability skills
- Unique combination of economics, business and entrepreneurial studies
- Theoretical and real life exposure, case study, regular participation in idea generation; economic incubator; data center; real life projects; practical training
- Regular seminars, conferences, elevator pitch, occasional field trips
- One of the best collections of text-books, reference books, research reports and other study materials on entrepreneurial economics in Bangladesh
- As government is encouraging entrepreneurship development, there is possibility of accessing government and non-government support for setting up entrepreneurs
- Membership of Entrepreneurial Economists club
- Faculty includes reputed entrepreneurial economists, financial and business analysts from home and abroad
How to apply:
Admission Form available on: Front Desk Office, 5th Floor. Office hour: 10am-6pm (Saturday-Wednesday)
You can download the form (click here).